As we approach the end of the year, a window of opportunity opens up for those property purchasers who refuse to let the winter months stand in their way, particularly this year. Similarly, if you are considering buying next Spring, there are good reasons to consider bringing the move forward if you can:
- Sellers might be more motivated as many will assume the winter months will otherwise be slow. They might also want to position themselves as strong buyers for a spring move by selling the spring market kicks in.
- This is a good month for house-hunters as there is less likelihood of competition from other purchasers after the same house as you.
- Estate Agents are likely to have more time available to listen to your requirements, understand your needs, show you properties, and help you select the right one in a comfortable timescale.
- It’s easier to move on a day to suit you. Many removal companies are booked four to six weeks in advance during busier months, but it’s normally easier to secure their services, possibly at lower rates, during the winter.
- What better time to enjoy your new home than Christmas and New Year, which is surely an ideal time for a housewarming party!
If you are thinking of buying in the near future, why not start by phoning one of our property advisors on 020 8951 5558 or 020 8368 5886 or wrapping up warm and calling in to discuss your requirements over a cup of coffee?